[Clam-devel] New CLAM plugin:simple guitar distortion

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Dec 12 23:47:22 PST 2007

En/na Hernán Ordiales ha escrit:
> comment from: "New CLAM plugin: ('very' for now) simple guitar
> distortion" (http://audiores.uint8.com.ar/blog/?p=172)
>
> #  Pau Arumí Says:
> # December 9th, 2007 at 6:01 pm e
> # Very Nice!
> # Do you compile them as a separate plugin?
>
> yes
>
> # I think you could commit and evolve them on
> # CLAM/plugins/xxx. I\'m not sure what shold xxx be yet. But anyway
> moving processing around
> # plugins and renaming subversion dirs is so easy, that anything will be fine.
>
> good, committed
>
> # Is compiling those networks as a ladspa plugin in your todo list?
> # Would seem very useful
> # Pau (clam-dev)
>
> yes, indeed next post will be related with that (news soon), but..
> btw1, there is (or at least is planned) a direct port to ladspa
> feature from NE? i mean faust seems to be able to produce ladspa
> plugins (and btw2 is supposed that NE is going to produce faust code?
> or what?), is planned something similar in NE?

Yes there is some support already. Both for compiling ladspas and vsts:

CLAM/examples/NetworkLADSPAPlugin/LADSPAHandler.cxx
CLAM/examples/NetworkLADSPAPlugin/NetworkLADSPAPlugin.hxx
CLAM/examples/NetworkLADSPAPlugin/LADSPAHandler.hxx
CLAM/examples/NetworkLADSPAPlugin/NetworkLADSPAPlugin.cxx
(The VST code lives in NetworkEditor. There is no reason for that)

I'm not sure if it works as is, but the code needs some refactoring.
I'll follow you if you take the task.

Cheers

Pau