[Clam-devel] what about using launchpad's personal package archives?

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jan 16 01:22:50 PST 2008

What do you -David, specially- think about using PPA?

In one hand it eases the task of building different architectures (x86,
amd64), and seems very easy to use, and ubuntu users will be accostumed
to adding ppa sources.
On the other hand we already have the scripts to pbuild and upload
packages to our web, and we could just use two (x86 + amd64) machines.

On the same line, our main aim is to get into the official debian distro
and so ubuntu --ppa would still be useful for very up-to-date
packages--, we are working on the debian front it since a year ago with
a debian developer and... still pushing for it. It seems we deal with
extremely busy debian devs...

Pau

https://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart

With Launchpad's Personal Package Archives (PPA), you can build and
publish binary Ubuntu packages for multiple architectures simply by
uploading an Ubuntu source package to Launchpad.

Your PPA gives you:

      * An APT repository of up to 1 gigabyte for material licensed in
        accordance with the PPA Terms of Use.

      * Binary packages built for x86 and AMD64 architectures against
        Ubuntu.

      * A web front-end where Launchpad users can browse and search for
        your packages.