[Clam-devel] GSoC project proposals

Xavier Amatriain xavier at amatriain.net
Wed Mar 26 14:40:49 PDT 2008

A word of advice to all of you GSoC hunters out there ;-)

While we do value all of your great original ideas for new projects and
in the past we have chosen
some of those proposals to become GSoC projects, you have to bear in
mind that we already have a
very large number of proposals of our own. Unless you have a fairly deep
understanding of CLAM
or you have an extremely bright and original idea it is hard that you
can beat the ones that are already
available and have come out of our experience and knowledge of the
framework.

That said, we want every possible candidate to apply. But a rule of
thumb is that, unless you receive
an enthusiastic response from a mentor to your  proposal, you should
include some of our own projects
as secondary options. As a matter of fact it is good practice to always
include more than one possible
project in your application and you give us some reasons why you think
you are the ideal candidate for
those projects.

Xavier