[Clam-devel] Improving Faust usability

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Jul 18 15:16:00 PDT 2008

I'm thinking in some changes that could make faust a bit more usable.

      * Change the "gear" icon for the command shortcut, which is
        repeated from the prototyper one. One idea is composing the
        faust logo with a gear (i.e. the logo on the back)

      * Change the compilation workflow. Now you press "compile"->
        window pops up asking if you want to continue -> do stuff in the
        bottom panel -> window pops up saying "finished"

        Why not: press compile -> the progress panel have a "cancel"
        button -> finishes and the "cancel" button turns into a "close"
        button.

        Also with a close button we could disable the timed panel exit.
        Users may want to examine the console output.

What do you think? Maybe dynamically adding buttons is hard? An
alternative would be to have both buttons all the time but only one is
enabled at a time.

Natanael, take the task if you feel like it (or discuss the idea, of
course). The functionality is already there, so no need to hurry.