[Clam-devel] pyclam

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Oct 2 06:19:41 PDT 2008

Must to say that i didnt even tried to compile pyclam it but i would like to
do two suggestions that i don't even know whether they are feasible or not.

The first one is to move clam/CLAM/pyclam to clam/pyclam (or maybe PyCLAM or
PyClam), this is because when building debian packages we could consider it a
different source package not mixing c++ build with python module build. Is it
feasible? do you all agree with the change?

The second one is about the build system. Taking a light look at the
SConstruct file i see several harcoded CLAM defines. Such options as compiled
in clam should be available from the pkg-config files installed with clam. We
might even use the clam scons tool the way we use it from the applications
sconstruct. The scons tool should use the pkg-config options. Any reason for
not doing it like that?

David.