[Clam-devel] Newbie question

Stephane THOMAS sthomas at nerim.net
Fri Dec 5 05:54:01 PST 2008

Hi,

This is my first post on this list, I hope I'm in a right place even if my question sounds more like I need help...

My goal : I wan't to develop an audio app (a looper) using QT4 and CLAM. I'm new to QT4 too but I've already made some little programs and I now have the basics of QT.

Currently I want to make a simple program that mix GUI stuff and CLAM libs, I (with not much imagination) choose to develop an audio reader (load a file, play, stop, quit) something very simple.

I obtained and built CLAM, NetworkEditor and Prototyper (those last two works quite fine) from the svn. (rev 12419)

I would be able to build my application using qmake (without scons) is it possible ? How ?

My current problem is that if I #include "CLAM/Audio.hxx" it builds ok. But when I #include "CLAM/AudioFile.hxx" I have the following error message :

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I-I/usr/local/include -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/player.o src/player.cpp
In file included from /usr/local/include/CLAM/AudioFile.hxx:26,
                 from src/player.h:10,
                 from src/player.cpp:1:
/usr/local/include/CLAM/AudioFileFormats.hxx:26:2: error: #error USE_SNDFILE was not set to 1 in your settings.cfg file, but you are including files that require this. Please fix your settings.cfg

I found no useful help on the web about this... Do I have to rebuild the clam libs with a special option ? I tried to create a settings.cfg in my project with the right option but it doesn't work.

I use Debian sid on amd64 , QT4.4.3

Thanks

Stef