[Clam-devel] Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Dec 24 03:12:56 PST 2008

The ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=493282
Packages: http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-debian-sid/svnsnapshots

I did some fixes on the packages following your advices and lintian's. I will
do some extra effort on christmas holidays to wrap it up so i will be glad if
you can do another review on the current status of the packages so you can
find more problems i could fix.

My todo list looks like this (+done -todo):
+ Not a native package anymore (adding a diff to upstream)
+ examples should be packaged with dh_examples.
+ debian/changelog has an incorrect distribution
+ Not tarballing the doxygen documentation
+ Remove CFLAGS and  INSTALL_PROGRAM from debian/rules
+ Remove alternative dependency on old libxerces28-dev
- Fill independent RFP's for applications and plugins.
- Vcs-* fields is for Debian packaging, not upstream VCS repository
- Include non GPLv2-or-later licenses in debian/copyright
- Add man pages to the extra binaries (needed?)
- Sign DSC files.

Some questions:
- Should i remove the Vcs fields while there is no public svn of the diff?
- Could you point me to an example of debian packaging repository? Just to
know how that should be organized.
- Are the man pages for the extra binaries needed at all to be in the package?
Those files are not meant to be launched by user but by the core programs.

David.