[Clam-devel] Re: Windows development files distribution

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Jan 28 14:27:35 PST 2008

By the way, the next natural step is applying Giulio Paci's patch for native
compilation. In fact this refactoring of the sandbox conventions has been
motivated by an initial try to incorporate Giulio Paci patch without breaking
crosscompilation. I started to feed some of his changes, but then i realized
that the procedure on the wiki to crosscompile 3rd party libraries was not
working and i felt that was prioritary to fix it before going forward as we
are close to release (now hopefully) and we depend at the moment on
crosscompiling.

Regretably, while redefining the procedure for 3rd party libraries
crosscompilation I had to make changes to the build system until i had it
working again: different library names, libraries that were compiled
differently, checks that had to be performed differently. The consequence is
that I'll have to apply the rest of Giulio's changes by hand. Changes done on
crosscompilation are very similar to the ones proposed by Giulio (pkg-config
based, ogg checks...) and a lot of unneeded checks were removed, so i hope it
will be an straightforward procedure.

The side note is, Giulio, we might need you help while integrating to assert
we are applying you patch correctly and to explain us some of the problems
you solved. Are you still arround?

David.