[Clam-devel] QConsole at CLAM

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Mar 3 09:24:24 PST 2008

Hi, Houssem and Mondrian.

I didn't found a QConsole mailing list or similar, so that's why i am mailing
you directly to the sf address.

I am part of the comunity developing the CLAM audio framework[1]. We would
like to add live scripting capabilities to our framework graphical tool[2]
and I gladly found QConsole project via the Qt-Interest mailinglist. It is a
very smart implementation and it even integrates python that it is something
we thought we needed to do ourselves. So I am pretty happy with it.

Being about to integrate it, i have two main questions.

First of all, it is a class, not a library, so i am suposing that the
preferred way to integrate it is moving files to our project. I dislike that
because i'd rather prefer avoiding any duplication of external code in our
svn. Maybe i am missing something, maybe you wellcome converting it into a
library. In any case, we will forward you as patches any modifications we do
to the code to avoid divergence as much as we can.

The other issue is the usage of Qt3Support classes. Our project is Qt4 and we
removed any dependency on Qt3 migration classes. I would like to keep it like
that. So my inertia will go toward making QConsole a pure Qt4 widget. Taking
a look at the code i saw that using Qt3Support enables sharing a lot of qt3
and qt4 code, but i dont know whether you would like a pleanty qt4 migration.

Feel free to join our #clam irc channel at freenode and share your thoughts.

Regards.
David.

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu
[2] http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Network_Editor_tutorial