[Clam-devel] Call for GSoC 2008 project proposals

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Thu Mar 6 05:13:17 PST 2008

On 3/6/08, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 Març 2008, Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> Wow, realtime wiring! it is cool but thats a project by itself don't bundle it
>  with other tasks. I supose you refer changing the connections without stoping
>  the network (Hot-wiring). That implies understanding the port connection
>  internals to address a lot of possible race conditions. But having such task
>  done will be definitelly great.

yes, that :-D. I renamed to hot-wiring.

>  Undo/Redo it is also great. Qt offers a framework for that. Another cool
>  feature in the same package, to compensate removing realtime-wiring, would be
>  having cut and paste which is almost there.
>
>  So I would extract the realtime wiring as stand alone and adding the cut&paste
>  to this usability pack.

done

what about also add recovering from network errors... i mean many
times happened to me that i tried to open a network (most times during
the development process) and i was not able since one processing
changed its name or its ports schema (there are problems when there is
a connection made with an inexistent port) and i had to update by hand
the xml or rebuild the network from scratch (depending on my mood :P)

>  I added this one:
>  http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/SoC_ideas#Standalone_chord_extractor_application
>  I think having such end user application is the key in order to give CLAM a
>  wide inclusion in distributions.

cool too, i also liked the scripting clam in python project

--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar