[Clam-devel] GSoC

Francisco Tufró nictuku at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:14:23 PDT 2008

Hello, I'm really interested on joining the Clam gsoc for this year.
Last year i've been talking with Hernan about the possibility of adding MIDI
support for the Network Editor, i did some test and worked.
I'm writing this mail to get in touch with you and see what are the real
needs of the project about midi and get some feedback to write my gsoc
application.
As i see things in this moment Clam is a great synth/analysis framework, but
the lack of MIDI support on Network Editor makes musicians take distance of
it (that's what happened to me at least as a musician), so my idea is to
plan a midi working enviroment (set of critical processings) for the network
editor and write them using portmidi.
Also i plan to do some networks to demonstrate the way of working with midi
on clam.
Right now I'm touring the states with my band, so my time is a bit limited,
the tour finishes on march 31st,
I'll be waiting for your answer!!!
Thanks!
Francisco