Fwd: [Clam-devel] [Fwd: [MUSIC-IR] Web Services for audio feature extraction and self-organizing music maps]

bennett kolasinski bennett.kolasinski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:59:43 PDT 2008

Ha-- David & I were just chatting about this thread earlier today!

(PS-- Hello CLAM Team, sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while, I
had a Master's to finish :)  )

I cast a second vote for this-- CLAM could have quite a bit to offer as a
web service.  Musipedia is very cool, thanks for the link...

There's another service budding here in the states-- (if anyone knows
Tristan Jehan from MIT, this is his company):
http://analyze.echonest.com/AudioAnalysis.html

Basically you send them an audio file and they send back an XML file with
all the pertinent data they extracted from it-- it's good for beat tracking
but it's closed-source so CLAM could really shine here.  I'm not a student
anymore so I'm not eligible for GSoC goodness (good luck Natanael & all the
other applicants!) but I'd be glad to help out where I can once I a) get
CLAM compiling on my OS X 10.5.2 box and b) start hanging around #clam again
:)