[Clam-devel] ...

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Mar 29 17:56:20 PDT 2008

As i mentioned in another mail I just was editing Annotator related Ideas on
the wiki. Hope it will help to refine your proposal.

Regarding the list you sent, I fully agree with Xavi: Interesting, over sized
but still granular to remove and add items. My advice, do a proposal of tasks
that you will enjoy. Estimate your costs for each one and prioritize them
according to the fun you think you'll get doing it. Mentors will choose the
ones that are prioritary to the project and you seem capable to do but still
won't bore you.

Some comments:

>  - adding a text data-entry frame for edit/enter data within
> evolution views

I don't fully understand this proposal.

>   - adding parametrization and midi-output support for the
> descriptors

parametrization to what? the extractor?

So you choose a midi mapping solution for auralization instead an embeded clam
network. No problem as both of them could coexist. Whatever the solution,
auralization will need a configuration interface. I think this is half a
project or a project by itself.

> - Make a merger descriptor interface, capable to export the
> parameters not only to a XML file, but also a MIDI file (helping to make
> extractor-analysis based automatizations on external software)

I see three different targets here:
* Merging sources,
* MIDI as data source
* Mapping note related info (from whatever source) into MIDI

MIDI could be one of the merged descriptors sources and it is interesting as
such, but i understood that MIDI exporting is something user might explicitly
want from some data present in whatever source.

MIDI output could be easier if we had a custom type that relates to notes
whatever the source. That solution could be implemented as an action to this
type. A project by itself again.

When detailing the proposal on source merging, consider that it is more about
configuration interface and setting conventions than implementing the merge
itself that it is already solved. Still a project by it self.

David.