[Clam-devel] Bugtracking, time to change?

Pau Arumí Albó parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Apr 10 07:55:59 PDT 2008

Hi,
I feel we are not using the bugtracking as much and as well as we
should. A big part of it is because the GForge tool we are using [1] is
behind other software like track or mantis in terms of usability and
functionality.

Maybe we could take advantage of upcoming summer season with new people
and new energy into the project to change to a new tool and revitalize
the bugtracking (and ideas tracking).

I have a very good impression on launchpad [2] but i know there other
fine options out there (i don't want to go into detailed
reasons/features now).

So what is the devs (specially the core ones) feeling about this? Do we
need to change at all?

Just wanted to rise the discussion - we are not in any kind of hurry.

Cheers!

Pau

1. https://projectes.lafarga.cat/projects/clam/

2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/