[Clam-devel] Re: GSoC proposal for CLAM: Real-time synthesizer using SMS models

Pau Arumí Albó parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 16 01:15:39 PDT 2008

El dt 15 de 04 del 2008 a les 20:50 +0200, en/na Greg Kellum va
escriure:
> Hi Pau,
>
> If only it were that easy...  I noticed that problem with the plugin
> registration this weekend, but after changing it, it didn't actually
> solve the problem.  So, I didn't check in the change...  I just
> updated to your version nonetheless, and the network editor still
> isn't finding the plugin.  I'm recompiling **everything** though just
> to be sure....
>
> I'm not used to debugging outside of an IDE, and I don't know of any
> way to debug the NetworkEditor other than doing so directly in gdb.  I
> tried that on Sunday, and it was pretty painful...  Do you know a
> better way to do this, oh yea master of open source software?

Actually I only use gdb to inspect the program once it has crashed or
have been stalled by an assert - sometimes i also put
CLAM_ASSERT(false,"") as a breakpoint (yeah, i requires recompilation,
but some times it helps)

Most of the times i just use couts and analyse the trace. Sometimes
writing a very simple test that reproduces the problem helps a lot.

In this case, i'd check that the plugin
"libplugins_continuous_excitation_synth.so" gets loaded, so i'd print
out the files opened inside this method:

void RunTimeLibraryLoader::LoadLibrariesFromPath(const std::string &
path) const

CLAM/src/Processing/Plugins/RunTimeLibraryLoader.cxx line 30

This have to give us the key...

Pau