[Clam-devel] Bugtracking, time to change?

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Tue Apr 22 21:27:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Pau Arumí Albó <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I feel we are not using the bugtracking as much and as well as we
>  should. A big part of it is because the GForge tool we are using [1] is
>  behind other software like track or mantis in terms of usability and
>  functionality.
>
>  Maybe we could take advantage of upcoming summer season with new people
>  and new energy into the project to change to a new tool and revitalize
>  the bugtracking (and ideas tracking).
>
>  I have a very good impression on launchpad [2] but i know there other
>  fine options out there (i don't want to go into detailed
>  reasons/features now).
>
>  So what is the devs (specially the core ones) feeling about this? Do we
>  need to change at all?
>
>  Just wanted to rise the discussion - we are not in any kind of hurry.

i like the idea

if you prefer an open-source option to install in your own servers,
i'd recommend flyspray[1] which also has some
project-managment/planning features (i already installed it before, so
i can help in doing it if it's needed)

Here you can try a demo: http://flyspray.org/demo

anyway launchpad seems very nice ;-)

[1] http://flyspray.org/start