[Clam-devel] patch: added submenues in context menu to connect with compatible ports in canvas

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:55:06 PDT 2008

El 05/28/2008 01:22 PM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> On dc, 2008-05-28 at 12:05 +0200, David García Garzón wrote:
>
>> I liked the idea at first instance. But looking at that screenshot i find it
>> very messing for the user. What's the difference between the first and the
>> second oscilloscope? The first one is creating a linked processing while the
>> second one is about connecting to an existing one. I don't have a solution on
>> that but let's mature an idea.
>>
>> One solution could add multilevel menu 'connect to' or 'create linked', or
>> just one of them while keeping the other in the first level.
>>

> I like this option, because we can have MANY processings in the canvas,
> while the available sinks remain small

I was replying the same. :)
Do you like now? (Plus, I commented the separator between monitors and
sinks/sources)

>>  Or providing a
>> dialog interface for choosing the connected ports. Or showing
>> the 'processing.port' in a single level. I am not that convinced on any of
>> the solutions. Any ideas?
>>
>> BTW, 'f' is typeid(CLAM::TData).name() for gcc (non portable), so i think that
>> should be expressed in that way. It is more self explanatory and also strong
>> to changes on the way of representing typeid's names which are not standard.
>>

> Sure! (Natanael you can patch this)

Done.

A question: I implemented within the patch a way to check for an
attribute ("icon", in this case) in a secure way. What do you think to
put it on Factory like an "AttributeExist" method?