[Clam-devel] "Connect To" refactoring and bug

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:02:15 PDT 2008

David & all: I commited some changes on the connect to menu, trying to
help it later integration on connectionContextMenu(). I deleted the
entire loop, but I kept a simple processings counter to pass to
onProcessingsConnectTo() (we could change that later defining some other
way to pass the needed parameters)

I think actual code is clearer to make later changes, but I don't know
how to merge the two loops on "Connect to" (first searching compatible
ports/controls, then making the menu and submenu if more than one
compatible connections) in other way that a recursive function... I
could define a separated method like "onContextMenuConnectTo" and do
that, if you think that way it's better...

But I'm really lost with a bug that I found (at least since r11527...
i'm compiling to test previous SVN versions): the connections
functionalities aren't working good. For instante, loading Hoarseness
example: disconnect the SMSAnalysisCore_0, and say "AudioSource" from
the context menu. It adds a new AudioSource box, but doesn't connect
anything. Any idea?

Regards,
Natanael.