TypedControls branch? was Re: [Clam-devel] Bug solved for deleting Out In Ports and Out In Controls

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jul 17 10:41:47 PDT 2008

On dj, 2008-07-17 at 14:10 -0300, Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
>
> > So I propose to create a branch in our subversion. This branch should
> > live only during the controls transition, and the maintainers should
> > keep all the changes in trunk commited in the branch. That is, in
> > permanent state of merge with trunk.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I really like the idea. How we continue with this?

Ok let's move quick. I've created a branch in commit 11621.
Branches in svn are just copies. And they are cheap --it only copy files
once are modified.
So if there is some reason to not have such branch (maybe David have a
reason against it) we'll roll it back easily.

To checkout the branch (which is a copy of trunk/) do this:

$ svn co http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/branches/typedcontrols

I've asked the IUA sysadm to add Francisco as a commiter (this might
take a day or so).  Hernan you can start commiting patches there.

Hernan and Francisco, you should coordinate to keep adding all the
changes in trunk to this branch, so we can keep in a "mergeable to
trunk" state all the way. And of course, remember that this branch
should be alive during a short lapse of time. Does it work for you?

Instructions on how to copy changes between brances:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s03.html

About the launch/bazaar thing: I think it's something we want to explore
in the future. It gives any developer the possibility to work in his
patches with a bazaar branch. Then commiters can pull (mergeable)
changes and land it to the main repo.
The nice thing is that bazaar (like git) is prepared to work with
"merge" operations. And is distributed, of course.