[Clam-devel] how to commit

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Jul 19 13:15:30 PDT 2008

(This email is addressed to Pawel but i make it extensible to the rest of new
commiters.)

Pawel, you should have received the commiter password. Congratulations you
became a commiter. :-)

How proceed with the commits? As long as your modifications concern just
Turnaround just go ahead. Just be sure it all compiles and still works. Be a
bit more careful when commiting changes anywhere else that could affect other
components you are not focusing on.

Please, still send patches to the list in parallel to the commit in order to
easily track your progress. Also if you have changes you are not sure to
commit, or ongoing work you want me to see, send the patch too.

Maxima: commits that are small, an step forward and all still working.

Don't let your delta with the repository to became too big. In that case I
would revert and find a safer way with small keep-all-working commits. Having
a near point where to roll back chills the development tension you can end up
by having such big deltas.

Also take a look at the format of the commit messages:

[space]* Context: what changed
[space]* Context2: what else changed

The space and the * is to please CIA bot: http://cia.vc/stats/project/clam
We need providing some context because log messages are not tied to files like
in cvs but to the whole repository and other developers need to know what are
you talking about.

Waiting your first commit :-) You can proceed with the patches you sent but i
haven't commit yet.