[Clam-devel] Improving Faust usability

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:23:41 PDT 2008

El 07/19/2008 08:05 AM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> On ds, 2008-07-19 at 06:33 -0300, Natanael Olaiz wrote:
>

>> I commited it (r11640):
>>
>>      * TaskRunner: created a widget with a cancel/close buttons. Cancel
>>     terminate the actual processs, clear the queue list and returns an
>>     error.
>>

> That was fast! I like the buttons layout.
>
> I've tested rev 11644 and it still have (two) pop-up windows, one asking
> if you want to proceed, and the second informing about the success or
> failure.
> The point is avoiding any pop-up window, the console output (and the
> cancel button) will suffice.

r11656:

     * TaskRunner: the destructor terminate the current process and
    emits a widgetDestructor signal
     * MainWindow:
            - removed the popups on Faust compilation
            - the TaskRunner::widgetDestructor signal enable
    ui.action_Compile_Faust_Modules (to avoid keep it disabled when
    closing the QDockWidget)

A question: now after the compilation (done or canceled) the
action_Compile_Faust_Modules is re-enabled. If you call it without close
the QDockWidget it will open another instance. Should I simply enable
the action when the widget is closed, or make the local runner as
_runner to reuse it if not closed?