[Clam-devel] subnetworks interfacing - NE several opened files

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jul 24 07:53:07 PDT 2008

El Thursday 24 July 2008 16:33:49 Karsten Krispin va escriure:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2008 10:51:37 schrieb Pau Arumí:
> >         Network subnet;
> >         subnet.AddProcessing(..);
> >         Network net;
> >         net.AddNetwork( subnet );
> >
> >         Or maybe we should generalize Processing/Network -> Module? so
> >         net.AddModule
>
> Sorry for jumping in...
>
> It might be tough approache, but what about considering a Network to be a
> Processing?
>
> If a network tells a Subnetwork to process it's childs, simply the Do() of
> the Subnetwork gets called and in turn calls it's internal flow control.
>
> That way you don't have to bother about childs' scheduling through serveral
> levels of the hierarchy.

That's a good point, and that would be a solution easier to reach, closer to
current ProcessingComposites. But i think that splitting the flow control
does not provide as many scalability enhancements as for the user interface.
Indeed i guess you may end up having higher latencies. Pau, who is developing
a new schedule algorithm for his thesis could confirm that or not, but i see
it like considering an irregular tetris piece set as a rectangular box in
order to fit several of them in the minimal space.

Is that the point, Pau? (a new chapter for your thesis on scability?)

David.