[Clam-devel] (Urgent) Last commit (11755) considered harmful

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 30 03:03:52 PDT 2008

David,
your last commit introducing the new QDialog class only in qt4.4 breaks
compilation on ubuntu hardy.
It breaks because you chose the new QFormLayout for the metadata editor
window -- and I see the benefits of this class at the qt doc.

*But* it breaks compilation for most developers and needs a fix ASAP.

Either
1. find a way to upgrade to qt4.4 (for developers I mean) or
2. not break compilation for qt4.3. The second can be either a) comment
out the new feature with #ifdefs or b) relay on qt4.3 classes (or maybe
implement both selecting the one to use with a macro -- this will
facilitate the migration to qt4.4).

I've tried 1. unsuccessfully. I've installed qt4-dev from
hardy-backpors, reinstalled CLAM, and when compiling NE i got this:

$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...

scons: warning: QTDIR variable is not defined, using moc executable as a
hint (QTDIR=/usr)
File "/home/parumi/local/share/clam/sconstools/qt4.py", line 207, in
_detect
Lodading dmg tool...
Version:  1.2.1
Package version:  1.2.1~svn11755
Package QtOpenGL was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `QtOpenGL.pc'
No package 'QtOpenGL' found
OSError: 'pkg-config QtCore QtGui QtOpenGL QtXml QtSvg QtUiTools --libs
--cflags' exited 1:
  File "/home/parumi/clam/NetworkEditor/SConstruct", line 91:
    crosscompiling=crosscompiling,
  File "/home/parumi/local/share/clam/sconstools/qt4.py", line 462:
    self.ParseConfig('pkg-config %s --libs --cflags'% '
'.join(pcmodules))
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 1288:
    return function(self, self.backtick(command))
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 514:
    raise OSError("'%s' exited %d" % (command, status))

So I've downgraded back to qt4.3 (and found this non-trivial).

David, since this is a major blocking issue, silence for 2 hours will
mean "Please, revert my commit" :-)