[Clam-devel] (Urgent) Last commit (11755) considered harmful

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 30 10:46:02 PDT 2008

It's true that I could use a QGridLayout instead of QFormLayout and keep
backward compatibility, but, in Qt 4.3 i had a lot of problems with fonts,
and multiple opengl contexts that are solved in Qt 4.4 (remember tonnetz +
keyspace was forbiden i my three computers) so i would rather prefer to
develop in Qt 4.4, and by doing so, because the xml ui format has changed a
little, even switching back to QGridLayout, for example the icons would not
have been shown as they use a different xml structure now.

Anyway I am not scared about that. KDE 4.1 depends on Qt 4.4 so most major
distros will push it forward for the next release even in an
alternative/backport way. Qt 4.4 means for us:
 * No more opengl font problems (remember tonnetz demos)
 * Pkg-config problems solved (remember jos)
 * Editable custom properties on the Designer to flexibilize monitor bindings
 * Using embeded widgets in GraphicsView when porting the network canvas
 * Being able to use QWebKit for online documentation
 * Being able to use QHelp to include doxygen based docs
 * Evne nicer toolbox handling (they can be tabbed with no extra code)
 * Enhanced interface to integrate with Designer (to be explored but
promising)

So i vote for doing the step forward.

El Wednesday 30 July 2008 18:25:20 Pau Arumí va escriure: