COMMIT 11760 (Re: [Clam-devel] subnetworks interfacing - NE several opened files)

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:46:09 PDT 2008

Commit 11760:

     * BaseNetwork: added, abstract model of a network, with the static
    methods of the actual Network
     * Network: derived from BaseNetwork.
     * NetworkCanvas: use CLAM::BaseNetwork interface instead CLAM::Network

El 07/30/2008 07:19 AM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> Reordering the questions:
>

>>> With graph getter do you mean graph as a networks hierarchy tree? The
>>> implementation of that would not go on the newer Network class?
>>>

> Not necessarily.
> There are two clients of the get-graph interface: FlowControl and
> NetworkCanvas. Right now they do complicated things to retrieve the graph,
> like asking to each port to which port they are connected.
> We should change this to something more straightforward like: get a list
> of processings and a list of connections (nodes+arcs)

OK.

>> BTW, that question is related with this one: does the abstract interface
>> need to have declared *all* the methods of both implementations?
>>

> Yes. But remember that we want to implement the Composite pattern, which
> means that you only see the children of the current node. And the main
> difference between the two will be that the (hierarchical) Network will
> have composite nodes while the FlattenedNetwork only leafs.

BTW, I committed BaseNetwork as in the patch, which doesn't contains
neither of these methods, related with the player and flow control:

    bool IsStopped() const;
    void Start();
    void Stop();
    void Do();

So, should be on BaseNetwork too, right?