[Clam-devel] 1.3 release?

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:45:47 PDT 2008

On dv, 2008-08-01 at 18:35 +0200, David García Garzón wrote:
> I just bumped the version in CHANGES to 1.3, and also changed the way of
> computing the library soname in linux so it takes also the minor version.
> Libname: libclamcore.1.3.0.so libclamcore.13.0.so
> Soname: libclamcore.1.so libclamcore.13.so
> Linkername: libclamcore.so libclamcore.so (same)
>
> Notice that this have produced some problems before with development
> sandboxes. Just to be sure, remove all the generated libraries
> (.so, .dylib, .dll or .lib) on scons/libs/*/ and in the installation folder

For the record: the upgrade worked fine here without removing old files.
(I will clean the old dead links anyway)

BTW, I like the new versioning scheme. But what is the reason for
changing ?

before
libclam.so.1, libclam.so.1.2,  libclam.so.1.2.1
now
libclam.so.13, libclam.so.13,0

Personal taste? Debian policy?...

Commited NE/CHANGES version 1.3.0 to match the libs