[Clam-devel] Frontend for automatic generation of plugin code

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Aug 2 15:42:31 PDT 2008

On ds, 2008-08-02 at 23:56 +0200, Xavier Amatriain wrote:
> Really cool ++ :-) This has been a long time in the todo list!
>
> What else would it take to generate a full working processing class this
> way? Add a text box for the Do() C++ code? The #includes? Anything else?

And then you get the compiler error message and what you do? Hummm...

Code editing (beyond tedious template code) should be done in
editors/IDEs instead of forms, IMO.

*But* it leaves to an interesting point. Why not integrate this
processing generation in NE?
You specify the metadata, click "create processing" and plop, it appears
in the canvas. Then, as in faust we could launch an editor on user
request (clicking on the box), and even recompile, re-using the console
panel we have for faust.