[Clam-devel] COMMIT 11822 - Re: Faust support - plugins dynamic reloading

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:31:44 PDT 2008

El 08/04/2008 07:12 AM, David García Garzón escribió:
> [...]
> My suggestion:
> * First move all dl_ calls to the base RunTimeLibraryLoader primitives (see
> LoadLibraryError and FullyLoadLibrary) so that we can encapsulate the
> platform dependant bits.
> * Add in the same class some static structure that holds the list of
> libraries.
> * Add also a static state that holds the currently loading library and set it
> and unset it when appropiate.
> * When registering a factory entry check that state and if set, populate the
> structure or just add some metadata.
> * The factory registrator destructor should remove the processing type from
> the factory (this should be TDD) in order to allow unloading the library.
>
> I am not sure whether this should work. But, anyway, be carefull, remember
> that we are in release!!! The plugin system cannot be broken!

David: you was totally right. Trying to do just a "simple regenerating
of all plugins", I understand your suggestions reasons.

Do you think that is safer to keep that out of the release? For now I
prefer to release as is (and maybe the same for the ladspa compiled
networks), like a workaround... Is not totally safe, but the faust
reloader works for the user, and I could continue this after the release
and focus my work on subnetworks.

BTW, I apologize for break up the loading of clam plugins on the SVN for
a few hours. :-/

Cheers,
Natanael.