[Clam-devel] launchpad

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:05:34 PDT 2008

> I said "almost"  because so far, svn has been imported from a dump file.
> Now we are waiting for updating to HEAD

Now it's updated -- thanks Michael Hudson, the launchpad devel/operator
who has been very helpful

https://code.launchpad.net/clam

The web-based diff viewer (also useful for proposed patch/branch merges)
is very nice -- similar to the one in track .

Now imagine you prepare a patch to commit to clam, but you want to
commit locally in small steps. Easy, create the bzr branch
$ bzr branch lp:clam
and do the usual commit operations.
Now if you want to incorporate latest changes from svn (via our synched
branch):
$ bzr merge

To produce the final patch just "bzr diff".
But you don't ever have to send a patch, since you can publish the
branch.

But of course you can do more than producing a patch. You can commit all
the patch history, and even "clean" the patch history, as Andy Wingo
(BTW, a neighbor of mine, here in Barcelona) comments:
http://wingolog.org/archives/2007/12/17/convert-a-bazaar-repository-to-a-set-of-patches

Well, this will be done better with the bzr-svn plugin -- but it needs
experimentation...)

The 5 min guide to bzr (that Hernan pointed out before)
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/mini-tutorial/index.html

Enjoy