[Clam-devel] [Fwd: Re: [Faudiostream-devel] crosscompiling vst plugins]

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Sat Aug 9 10:07:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 AM, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> On Dimecres 06 Agost 2008, Pau Arumí wrote:
>> Faust developers report that VST Windows plugins work being
>> (cross)compiled from Linux-mingw. Therefore, VST is waiting to make a
>> triumphal entrance to the NE's "generate plugin" feature -- that is,
>> waiting for someone that takes care :-)
>
> It is the next think I wanted to do after Ladspa, but taking a look at Pol
> code i decided to wait until we meet and approach Jack/PortAudio apps first.
> Well this mail, and the rest of faust code, helps a lot but i would like to
> have two things first:
>
> - I remember that Pau sent an emal about some the people that had the
> interface with qt working but i don't find it. Since it is likely that i lost
> some mails i would be glad if someone forwards me.

no idea

> - The vst sdk: Steimberg requires much personal data i would be glad if
> someone at clam already downloaded it. I also remember that some project
> (lmms) had built a inverse engineered gpl SDK. What about that?

About the lmms one, seems to be here:
http://lmms.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lmms/trunk/lmms/include/aeffectx.h?revision=729&view=markup

the legal situation with this file obtained by "reverse engineering"
and "without taking a look in the original file" and its license seems
not too very clear for me yet... (beyond that seems debian and others
have included lmms packages at their repos)

--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar