[Clam-devel] Turnaround: progress dialog crash

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Aug 13 05:27:34 PDT 2008

On Dimecres 13 Agost 2008, Pawel Bartkiewicz wrote:
> On 12/08/2008, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > Pawel, i know that is weird that increasing the progress bar make the app
> > to crash but disabling it is not the solution. Some insight on the matter
> > follows:
>
> I know, but I disabled it to check if there are any other remaining bugs.
>
> > So the good solution is to set the widgets data sources to 0 again,
> > before computing the chords. This way, adding the progress dialog cancel
> > button would be also safe.
>
> Ok, I wanted to do it, but how? By freeing the widgets and creating new
> ones?

Just try, setSource(0) on the widgets. After analysis reset it again to the
storage sources. Also the set current time could be a problem. Stop the timer
or add a mean to control whether to send it.

> BTW, there's a crash in Network::~Network also, though I have no idea
> why. Deleting
> the TonalAnalysis results in a crash as well. They're not so
> important, as the application crashes when closing, but I'd like to
> fix them too.

Yes, I just reproduced it. It seems to be a double free bug related to fftw.

> At least by making the TonalAnalysis "static" I reduced
> the analysis time (at the expense of slightly longer app starting
> time).

No need to make it static, just make it a member of the window. The problem
with TonalAnalysis is that Configuration is expensive. Configuration is don
on explicit configuration but also on construction, and this turn into three
times in Network xml loading. (Pau i still don't understand why that extra
configuration is needed, we should fix the processing that require it).

Such configuration depends on the sampling rate of the input among other
things. But an eventual solution could be generating static data that
contains the precomputed data for the default parameters (44k1Hz).