[Clam-devel] Turnaround: progress dialog crash

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Aug 15 03:51:22 PDT 2008

On Divendres 15 Agost 2008, Pawel Bartkiewicz wrote:
> > Just try, setSource(0) on the widgets. After analysis reset it again to
> > the storage sources. Also the set current time could be a problem. Stop
> > the timer
> > or add a mean to control whether to send it.
>
> I tried it, but it doesn't work because setSource takes a reference
> instead of a pointer. However, I can try creating a dummy data source
> which would be set instead of 0.

Then we should add a new method to the widgets, call it setNoSource to set the
data source to 0. Assure that all the widgets deal properly that condition (i
checked most of them (tonnetz, bargraph...) and they do, but not sure all of
them do).

Annother advice is not to delete the sources each time. Make them not pointers
(and not dynamically allocated) in Turnaround so that you can reuse them.

> > No need to make it static, just make it a member of the window. The
> > problem with TonalAnalysis is that Configuration is expensive.
> > Configuration is don on explicit configuration but also on construction,
> > and this turn into three times in Network xml loading. (Pau i still don't
> > understand why that extra configuration is needed, we should fix the
> > processing that require it).
>
> Yes, that's what I meant, but I couldn't find a suitable word when
> writing that email, so I used quotation marks around "static".

'being a member/class attribute'. static is a very different thing.

I saw that the performance has dropped a lot. It recalls me some situations
when developing the annotator when i saturated the system of events. Maybe a
sigslot loop.

Also remember that i have some local changes to make the pause work based on
NetworkPlayer so, please remove the new _pausedProgress member and its
management.