[Clam-devel] Get{In,Out}{Ports}{Controls}

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Sep 5 14:03:58 PDT 2008

I did a couple of changes which may have impact on existing code and in
Francisco work with TypedControls and MIDI.

 * Midi plugins joined into a single one

This one just requires a warning to Francisco: I moved the sources to
one 'src' folder and i made them to compile into a single libmidi plugin. So,
if you had local changes save them, just in case.

 * Processing::Get{In,Out}{Control,Port}() overloaded for indexes and names
 * Processing::GetN{In,Out}{Controls,Ports}() to get the number of connectors
 * Processing::Get{In,Out}{Controls,Ports}() are now protected methods

I hope that this change will made CLAM coding more easy.

 processing.GetOutControls().Get("gain");
 processing.GetOutControls().GetByNumber(3);

becomes:

 processing.GetOutControl("gain");
 processing.GetOutControl(3);

and

 InControlRegistry & inControls = processing.GetInControls().
 for (InControlRegistry::iterator it = inControls.Begin();
	it != inControls.End(); it++)
 {
	InControl & inControl = *it;

becomes

 unsigned nInControls = processing.GetNInControls();
 for (unsigned i=0; i<nInControls; i++)
 {
 	InControl & inControl = processing.GetInControl(i);

This change also might have impact in Francisco work with Typed controls as i
also changed the Typed related interface.

I made base connectors Processing friends to still be able to access the old
functions. A better solution is feasible for sure but not enough time to
implement it.

Going to Granada now. Bye.

David.