[Clam-devel] Re: rsvndump

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Oct 9 03:34:29 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, David García Garzón wrote:
> Just in case we need to do a server migrations in the future without
> anoying our beloved but overloaded admins.
>
> http://saubue.boolsoft.org/projects/rsvndump/

Oops, the same documentation of 'rsvndump' explains that this is only useful
for old repositories not suporting 'svnsync'. 'svnsync' makes a local copy of
the repository, that can be later dumped with 'svnadmin dump'. So now we can
move the repository freely. I tried it with an small repository on iua-share
(efficiencyguardian) and it works with a little hacking on the local
repository hooks. Here are the steps:

# Change the repository as needed
# Please avoid testing with clam as it loads the server a lot!
repository=http://dgarcia@iua-share.upf.edu/svn/efficiencyguardian
dumpfile=efficiencyguardian.svndump

svnadmin create /tmp/localrepo
echo '#!/bin/bash' > /tmp/localrepo/hooks/pre-revprop-change
chmod u+x /tmp/localrepo/hooks/pre-revprop-change
svnsync initialize file:///tmp/localrepo/ $repository
svnsync synchronize file:///tmp/localrepo/
svnadmin dump /tmp/localrepo/ > $dumpfile
rm -rf /tmp/localrepo/

To test the dumping just try:

svnadmin create /tmp/localrepo2
svnadmin load /tmp/localrepo2/ < $dumpfile