[Clam-devel] sinks and sources ordering...

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 00:52:31 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Pau Arum'i <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:

> En/na Natanael Olaiz ha escrit:
>
>  Hi!,
>>
>> Pau suggest me to try to keep some order on sources and sinks within the
>> players. Now are using a map, so the order is unpredictable...
>> The idea is to use the geometry positions on canvas(upper is first)... but
>> the problem is that actually the only who knows that is the canvas, and for
>> a while (on loading/pasting) the network, but not the OfflinePlayer...
>>
>> So... here is a patch with the actual state of my sandbox. Still with
>> debug messages, and the players are not using the new ordered list..
>> I send to the list to ask if someone have a better idea to implement it..
>> If not, later I will commit  this (without the messages), and then I'll use
>> that on the players..
>>

> Nice! But I'd like to do more reviewing of the pach (ideally on monday)
> before commiting -- unless is very necessary for the recent ambisonics
> decoding plugins. I'd basically try to not store the orderedSources/Sinks
> but calculate them...

If I don't store the order I would need to store the geometries on the
network to calculate them...

The geometries map used to copy and load the networks is cleared after get
it from the canvas... OfflinePlayer doesn't get(/clear) it ... Maybe I can
use that map: directly on OfflinePlayer (is updated on loading), updating it
before a play event from NE MainWindow.... I will see..

Best regards,
Natanael