[Clam-devel] what about using launchpad's personal package archives?

Paul Brossier piem at piem.org
Wed Jan 16 03:13:43 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 10:22:50AM +0100, Pau Arumí wrote:

> What do you -David, specially- think about using PPA?
>
> In one hand it eases the task of building different architectures (x86,
> amd64), and seems very easy to use, and ubuntu users will be accostumed
> to adding ppa sources.
> On the other hand we already have the scripts to pbuild and upload
> packages to our web, and we could just use two (x86 + amd64) machines.
>
> On the same line, our main aim is to get into the official debian distro
> and so ubuntu --ppa would still be useful for very up-to-date
> packages--, we are working on the debian front it since a year ago with
> a debian developer and... still pushing for it. It seems we deal with
> extremely busy debian devs...

hi all,

Well yes, i have been quite slow indeed, away from the keyboard for a
few weeks. I'm back and trying to speed up things from now on.

I do not know about PPA, but it seems quite similar to mentor for
debian. It would be good to build and test packages for ppc as well,
which i could do with my 'old' ibook.

I'll let you know more after I checked the latest svn trunk!

Cheers, Paul