[Clam-devel] Spectral Analysis/Synthesis

Thu Feb 7 13:25:15 PST 2008

Hi Pau,

and thanks for the quick answer! :)

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 21:09:52 schrieb Pau Arumí:
> your system seems fairly complex and I think that having an isolated
> example of spectralAnalysis/Synthesis working would help a lot.
Yep, especially for the SpectralAnalysis/Synthesis part... There is actually
nothing. But I don't understand, because SMS consumes too much CPU power and
just having the spectrum should be quite enough for the most purposes.

> The code doesn't rings a bell on me about the problem. But it is likely
> that it's is related to the fact that you are not using ports.
> SpectralAnalysis ports consumes a given HopSize of samples while access
> a given WindowSize.
> So my advice is to take a look at this test, and maybe start from this
> code:
> CLAM/test/FunctionalTests/ProcessingTests/TestStreamingSMSAnalysisSynthesis
>.cxx
>
> In case the problem is because of that: you can still use the
> processings without ports (as you do now) but buffers would require some
> extra cooking

That's unfortunate, because using buffers seems to be more flexible to me.

How ever, might it be sufficient to just spend my classes a private port for
each,  for pushing audiodata into SpectralAnal and getting the spectrum out
of it and vice versa for SpectralSynth?

Because I don't want to use CLAM::Ports all over the field...

Thanks and Greetings,
Karsten