[Clam-devel] Call for GSoC 2008 project proposals: Network loading errors

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Thu Mar 6 05:23:24 PST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 14:13:17 Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> what about also add recovering from network errors... i mean many
> times happened to me that i tried to open a network (most times during
> the development process) and i was not able since one processing
> changed its name or its ports schema (there are problems when there is
> a connection made with an inexistent port) and i had to update by hand
> the xml or rebuild the network from scratch (depending on my mood :P)

Yep, loading errors. Which are different from process-time errors (already on
the list). Mostly changes in connections and configuration parameter names.
The first one is easy, wiring is done by hand, we just should acommulate
non-fatal errors and show them after loading. Configuration parameter changes
are harder to address and it migth be related to a needed refactor on the
configuration system, or not.