[Clam-devel] Re: Clam-devel Digest, Vol 16, Issue 18

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Mon Mar 24 09:39:45 PDT 2008

On dl, 2008-03-24 at 12:21 -0400, Han, Yushen wrote:
> Hi, Pau
> Thank you for letting me know that the pkgconfig problem was a bug!

Actually this is a reason for doing a new release ASAP.

> I was getting the source from a tarball instead of SVN.
> Now I switched to SVN and am able to build CLAM, Annotato,
> NetworkEditor, and SMSTools.
> "sudo scons install" finally gave:

> Install file: "scons/libs/audioio/libclam_audioio.1.2.1.dylib" as
> "/usr/local/lib/libclam_audioio.1.2.1.dylib"
> Linking linker name /usr/local/lib/libclam_audioio.dylib to
> /usr/local/lib/libclam_audioio.1.2.1.dylib
> Install file: "scons/libs/audioio/clam_audioio.pc" as
> "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/clam_audioio.pc"
> generating /usr/local/lib/libclam_audioio.1.dylib with /sbin/ldconfig -n
> scons: done building targets.

This log seems sane. You have the clam libs installed.

> So far no executable is built.

But you said that you were able to build the apps (Annotator, NE,
SMSTools) ??
For example, if build in NetworkEditor directory was successful you
should be able to run it issuing ./NetworkEditor

Also you can do  scons package to obtain a bundled app (.app) and
installable .dmg package.

> According to http://iua-share.upf.es/wikis/clam/index.php/SMSToolsDetails
> it seems that I need to compile either SMSTools GUI or SMSConsole.
> However, I could not find the file SMSTools.cxx anywhere
> ( there was a file QtSMSTools.cxx but it did not seem to be the right file. )

The fltk version is deprecated and so SMSTools.cxx. QtSMSTools.css is
the current source with the "main" function.
But (qt) SMSTools depend on Qt3 not 4. And I got problems installing
both versions of mac ports. So I desisted. (In the past we built
SMSTools using non-ports version of Qt).
So this might well be the problem you'll face to build SMSTools on
MacOSX

Pau