[Clam-devel] Tests

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Apr 9 06:24:13 PDT 2008

El Tuesday 08 April 2008 22:33:44 Francisco Tufró va escriure:
> Hello, i've started to do some tests related with the typed connection
> templates. As soon as i have some result i'll post it to the list.
> I ported the InControl class to a templated class.
> Right now i'm hardcoding every instance of InControl as InControl<float> to
> compile and test it.

Before proceeding, i would suggest that you get the guidance of Pau or mine.
This is a very transversal modification and it should be done carefully to
keep the rest of the code compiling. We had hard experiences with transversal
migrations such as this one. It needs some planning, test driven development
and so on. Send to the list any patch/code you are working on so this could
turn into a community effort.

> Then i'll start doing some not float tests.
> I've found that scons copies all the clam source into scons/lib/core/src
> and asked hordia about it. He told me that's the way it works for clam. I
> think this should be noticed somewhere, it's a strange behaviour, and the
> errors appear with the scons path and not the real, that's a problem, one
> has to find by hand (or by find -iname :P) the file.

This is not that strange. Most projects move all the files to a distint folder
such CLAM does. Anyway we don't like that, because errors are reported in
files that you cannot edit. It is a long life to-do for the build system. I
would rather invest time in fixing it than documenting it. ;-)

David.