[Clam-devel] Re: GSoC proposal for CLAM: Real-time synthesizer using SMS models

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 15 10:20:59 PDT 2008

El dt 15 de 04 del 2008 a les 12:47 -0400, en/na Han, Yushen va
escriure:
> Hi, Pau and Greg.
>
> I installed the .dmg of Network Editor to my friend's Mac OS X 10.4.9.
> I had only a couple of minute to test but SDIFDatabaseProcessing was
> not supported.
> (other processings seemed to work.)
> I did not install any plugin at that moment.
> What else did you install to make SDIFDatabaseProcessing work after
> installing CLAM and Network Editor?
> Hopefully I can try again tonight. Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Han, Yushen

Hi Han,.

I've taken a new look to the code and realized that the
SDIFDatabaseProcessing factory registration was badly done. Just fixed
in revision 11309.
To see how the processings registration is done now (and how it was done
*before*) look at this diff

$ svn diff -r11308:11309

Now we store metadata in form of key-value string values in each
processing factory entry. We use the "category" and "description"
entries to show the processings in the NetworkEditor processing tree
panel.

I'm attaching a shot of how the processing tree looks here. Note that I
have the spacialization, osc and continuousExcitationSynthesizer plugins
installed. And CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH points to the installation dir. However
some system dirs
like /opt/loca/lib/clam, /usr/local/lib/clam, /usr/lib/clam are
automatically searched besides the value of CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH. More info
about that in the wiki.

About the released .dmg: It does not contain (dynamic loadable) plugins,
only processings contained in the libclam_processing. So you need to
compile plugins yourself.

Tell us how it works there.
Best,

Pau