[Clam-devel] GSoC 2008: salto

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Apr 17 04:35:29 PDT 2008

El dj 17 de 04 del 2008 a les 12:59 +0200, en/na marco kuhn va escriure:
> hi,
>
> where can I get the salto project?
> I'd like to implement a standalone real-time synthesizer .
> You write in your SoC ideas -> This project consist on revamp a very
> simple Salto like synthesizer.
> So, I would take a look to it, because I like to specify my proposal.
>
> I have checked out clam-svn,  build  the source, the NetworkEditor and
> SMSTools.
> Setup my workspace with Eclipse.

Hi,
the CLAM-Salto synth code can be downloaded here (i've just fixed the
wroken link)
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download-source.html

But i'm afraid it needs a very old version of CLAM to compile (don't
know which, but maybe 0.5!). I don't advise you to try to compile it.
And it is very unlikely that core developers can provide help related on
that ancient code.
If interested, i'd advice reading literature on SALTO to get the signal
processing ideas, and then getting familiar with newer efforts by Greg
Kellum --last year gsoccer-- (plugin/continuousExcitationSynthesizer),
which is a ebow synth that works as a CLAM network. Unfortunately, it
currently doesn not work out-of-the box, but we are not far from it.

Pau