[Clam-devel] Re: GSoC proposal for CLAM: Real-time synthesizer using SMS models

Han, Yushen yushen.han at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 06:06:29 PDT 2008

Hi, Greg

Thank you for this report and the progress!

I have problem with Jack for Mac in my 10.5.2. The jack lib is in my
/usr/local/lib.

But when I use it to play anything, I got something like

ConnectPort: can't find mach server port name = jackdmp_entry_default
err = unknown error code
Cannot connect to server Mach port
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JAR: Blacklisted client Xquartz
JAR: Blacklisted client Terminal
JAR: Blacklisted client loginwindow
JAR: Blacklisted client Xcode
JAR: Blacklisted client SystemUIServer
JAR: jack server not running?

Actually I changed the Sconstruct file turn off the Jack by
with_jack = False
Then I compiled CLAM.

I am not sure if CLAM is really depending on Jack.
It seems to work without it. Does anybody know about this?

Best regards,
Han, Yushen