[Clam-devel] Typed Controls Tests

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Wed Apr 30 07:21:26 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Francisco Tufró <nictuku at gmail.com> wrote:
> As explained on the Data Flow Patterns pdf sent to me by pau (and taking
> some examples from the InPort.hxx and OutPort.hxx), i've been trying to
> create the template classes TInControl<T> and TOutControl<T>.
>  NOTICE: I have to say that the code i'm sending is not functional.
> I have some problems that i'll describe here.
>
> 1) We have to do something with the remove link and related functions to
> work. mLinks is not accessible from the TOutControl class (because is a
> OutControl private member). right now i commented the mLinks occurencies
> just to test it.
>
> 2) When trying to compile my test processing (TypedOutControl.hxx and cxx)
> I get this error:
>   TOutControl.hxx:84: error: cannot dynamic_cast 'in' (of type 'class
> CLAM::InControl') to type 'struct CLAM::TInControl<int>' (target is not
> pointer or reference)
>  I don't get the key of why this is happening.
>
> If you think i'm going in a wrong direction on something please tell me.

We have to have care implementing typed controls, let me first
introduce you a bit in test driven development (even we might ending
writing test first and the actual code then) and proceed step by step
(with smaller goals). BTW, if you don't have one already, i recommend
you to work with at least two sandboxes, one more general and other
only for implementing the typed controls feature.

PS: let's try to meet together with Pau at irc
--
Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar