[Clam-devel] Re: Windows native compilation

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon May 5 05:07:24 PDT 2008

On Dilluns 05 Maig 2008, JunJun wrote:
> Hi Giulio,
> Welcome back!
> Recently David and I are on this task.Thanks to David's job(see the
> extension of your previous Wiki page), the status now is that
> "clam_core.dll" has been achieved, yet while building "clam_processing.dll"
> it gets some error.I've put the output on http://clam.pastebin.com/. I've
> no idea about how to check the building logs, so I decided to wait for a
> "one key solution" from you guys :-P Will you visit the IRC from time to
> time? and what's the nickname?
>
> Best regards,
> June

I cannot see the error message in the pastebin. (the deprecation warning is
not the error). It might be just a crash. That linking command is also a
command that it takes so long when crosscompiling because it is memory
hungry, maybe the system killed it. Could you run by hand the last linking
command line just to see whether you get a different output?

Also with older binutils versions it crashed at this point. Maybe we are on
the same issue and we should look for a new binutils package as we did for
g++.

For crosscompiling i am using:
$ i586-mingw32msvc-ld -v
GNU ld version 2.17.50 20070129