[Clam-devel] TypedControls Abstract Classes Patch

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue May 20 09:52:25 PDT 2008

On dt, 2008-05-20 at 13:22 -0300, Francisco Tufró wrote:
> Hi, the new patch is ready!
>
> I've made a change from the test Pau wrote:
> [..]
> ASSERT false, in.IsLinkable(out)
>
> i put the IsLinkable function on the TypedOutControl since all the
> connection interface is there (AddLink, RemoveLink, etc.) so now the
> test is;
>
> ASSERT false, out.IsLinkable(in)
>
> if you have something against this change i'll revert it.

Good step. Commited on revision 11389

The patch has been commited as is: but please do a minor modification
regarding this testing tip: (that change can wait till your next patch):

The tests methods are named like this: TestInterface_TheTestedScenario
TheTestedScenario should avoid forms like "the function returns 1"
So, rename the last tests to something like:
TestIsLinkable_withDifferentTypedControls

> If all is ok, i think i should start with the "bind" function that is
> described in the pattern right? Replacing the actual add / remove
> link?

Of course, don't stop :-)

I'm not sure this should involves replacing the current linking
interface. But maybe just using it. In any case it could need "renaming"
the interface.
But well, produce some code and then we'll discuss the details

BTW, we are not far to the point where typed-controls will be
functional, and i'll return the mentoring token to Hernan :-)
Oh, well, or you can do midi stuff in parallel if you feel like...

Pau