[Clam-devel] Error Handling with Types

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Fri May 23 09:20:59 PDT 2008

On dv, 2008-05-23 at 12:52 -0300, Francisco Tufró wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
>         On dc, 2008-05-21 at 12:19 -0300, Francisco Tufró wrote:
>         > Great, is done.
>
>         Excellent! commit 11394.
>
>         > A question:
>         > what about the callback interface for cascading events?
>         > should we add that feature now or later??
>

>         Later (=when some MIDI use case asks for it).
>         The same for "Publishers" (publishers are proxy entities that
>         publishes
>         ports/controls to the processing composite interface.
>
>         > Well, what's next?
>
>         1. Make the IsConnected and IsConnectedTo interface to the
>         base class
> I've done this, but i'm not sure if i did what you wanted. Do you want
> me to move mLinks from the template class to the base?, i've only
> added the isconnected and isconnected to to the base classes. See the
> patch.

Yes it is. Commit 11403.
As a side note: that these tests you've done, though seemingly
repetitive, are not superflous because they are checking that the
virtual methods (IsConnected...) are bound to the correct concrete class
code. If somebody remove the "virtual" (and provide a void
implementation) this tests will trigger.

>         2. Integrate with Processing base class and make it usable
>         from the
>         Network interface (and thus from NetworkEditor)
>

>         For 2, consider if it is worth "merge" the Typed*Control base
>         class with
>         the current control base class. Or otherwise, keep them
>         separated.
>         It would be useful to start with a list of implications on
>         both
>         decisions.
>
> I'll take a deeper look into the Processing and Network classes to
> answer this.

Yes. Basically you'll need to understand the Processing base class and
its ControlGroups and how controls are registered to the processing.