[Clam-devel] Copy & Paste processings on canvas patch

Pau Arumí Albó parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jun 11 00:36:43 PDT 2008

El dt 10 de 06 de 2008 a les 20:11 +0200, en/na David García Garzón va
escriure:
> El Tuesday 10 June 2008 18:23:43 Natanael Olaiz va escriure:
> > El 06/10/2008 01:06 PM, David García Garzón escribió:
> > > El Tuesday 10 June 2008 17:32:40 Natanael Olaiz va escriure:

> > > Sorry i lost the context, could you explain better the problem?
> >
> > Hot to don't let Network::_processingsBoxesAttributes get filled
> > everytime you do a Network::LoadFrom, which makes that if you don't
> > clean with a Network::getBoxesAttributes() it's remains filled with that
> > values since the next LoadFrom or StoreOn.
> > How can I know when to fill it and when not? Since these attributes will
> > be used for saving and loading files too, I can't use setPasteMode....
>
> First, I would change all those misleading Attribute wording to something like
> Geometry (in qt naming a geometry is pos+size) or just Boxes. If we had some
> other attribute let's think about attributes again, if not, it is an over
> generalization.

Before I suggested "ProcessingAspect" but I find "Geometry" better.
Specially being Qt nomenclature.

> Regarding your question, in contrast to selection, there is no special mode
> here to deal with. The problem with selections is that having no selection
> meant all were selected, and also that you should clear the processings.
>
> With geometries you will always use them if they are available. Also, when
> involved processings.
>
> On storing / Cuting:
> network.setGeometries(nameToGeometryMap); // Will clear previous ones
> XMLStorage::Dump(network,....); // StoreOn will clear geometries when done
>
> On Loading / Pasting:
> XMLStorage::Load(network,....);   <- LoadFrom fills geometries
> geometryMap = getAndClearGeometries();   <- This will clear them when done
>
> So, regarding geometries, both cut/paste and load/store have to use them just
> if available. If you are pasting some processings into a network you will
> keep the positions of the already existing processings.

Agree.

In the next mail Natanael said

> I wanted to mean: If someone uses the XMLStorage::Load without getting
> and clearing ("using it") the geometries later, the map will remain
> filled. Of course, in the implementation of pasting and reading a file
> I'll do it,  but it could happen and I didn't know if XMLStorage::Load
> is used in another place right now...

Yes, Load() it is used in some other places (e.g. OfflineNetworkPlayer) where Geometries are irrelevant.
But clearing the geometries at the beginning of Load() doesn't solve te problem? Or I'm missing something?