[Clam-devel] Re: "Connect To" refactoring and bug
David García Garzón
dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Jun 20 07:57:49 PDT 2008
On Divendres 20 Juny 2008, Pau Arumí Albó wrote:
> El dv 20 de 06 de 2008 a les 06:23 -0300, en/na Natanael Olaiz va
> > It seems to be there since first implementation.
> > I tested r11328, the same example, the same results trying to add an
> > AudioSource from SMSAnalysisCore_0, and others loaded processings boxes
> > (if you try with a new object, it works).
> seems a problem in the lowlevel IsConnectable()
> note that you can neither connect the input to existing audio-source
> (nor removing and redoing a connection)
> beyond that, clueless...
I just did a heavy refactoring of the connect-to code. The main refactor has
been changing the method pointer by helper functions that receive the region
as parameter and call the proper method. The result is slower but the code
seems a lot clearer without 120 character declarations and without member
I fixed a bug (which i don't know that was the bug you are refering to or
another one i introduced at some point) regarding the indexes that were sent
to the slot. They were swapped so if the index were the same (ie. 0) it
worked perfectly. So try the same steps to reproduce it just in case it is
still there. I have no problems now with SMSAnalysisCore.
I also found a bug that could have confused you. The connection slot didn't
call to update after setting the connection, so that no wire is drawn until
the canvas is redrawn by other means as moving the mouse into a processing.
So it could happen that after doing a connection the connection didnt show
anything for a while.
Further refactoring could be needed. Just that it was harder to explain this
one than actually coding it.
David García Garzón
(Work) dgarcia at iua dot upf anotherdot es
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the clam-devel