[Clam-devel] AudioFileMemoryLoader patch

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sat Jun 21 10:00:12 PDT 2008

On Divendres 20 Juny 2008, Pawel Bartkiewicz wrote:
> On 18/06/2008, David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > Sorry, i sent the comments about the patch but i forgot to commit it
> > #11523
> >
> > Anyway, you should not wait for my commits to send more patches.
>
> Well, I thought that there's something wrong with the previous patch
> so I wasn't sure if sending another one is a good idea.

Patches are always welcome! :-) Why should it be a bad idea?

> Anyway, I passed the Physics exam yesterday so I won't have any more exams
> until September :)

Congratulations!

> I'm not sure if the delta is necessary, because there are no floating
> point operations -- only a simple check if the value has changed -- so
> I have prepared two patches: one with simple value comparison and the
> other one with delta. Both work fine.

in all platforms? Belive us, the delta is needed. There is arithmetic
involved, when comparing you are substracting and comparing to 0. And it is
safer if you use .9/samplerate delta instead 1./samplerate. Just in case.

Also include <cmath> instead <math.h> and std::fabs instead fabs. If there is
no need for the include to be in the hxx move it to the cxx.

> I've spent some time looking for a bug in the code because it stopped
> playing when I clicked on the OutControlSender up/down buttons. It
> turned out that there's a bug in the OutControlSender which always
> increases the control value by 1.0, not by the step value from the
> configuration. Maybe it has been already fixed

I dont think that latest revisions solve that. The step value is the step for
the slider, not for the spinbox. A related todo is making the control sender
have an step smaller than .01. Anyway when we address the feedback control
part, we could provide a better option.

> but I have a little
> outdated NetworkEditor because I have some problems with compilation
> of the last few revisions. I'll try to compile the newest version
> again and then check it.

If you have problems on compiling CLAM drop them here, please.

> I have attached the network file if anyone is interested in testing.

Just svn add it and provide it as part of the next patch.